Saturday, March 15, 2014

Relationships and Food

Sorry I am lame and don't really have anything exciting to post about. I wanted to try and post everyday about the joys and horrors of this journey but for some reason today I am brain farting. One of my good friends who has what they call "Taco Night" texted me a picture of his empty plate telling me he ate 9 tacos. Like I have said many times before, I have nothing but love for these people but MAN is food really a part of our lives. What I would do for a taco night where I could stuff my face with meat, cheese, sour cream, and olives. And an appetizer of Chips and salsa? Duh!

It has definitely been different seeing my friends as such a large part of our relationship revolved around food. Not to say that we don't have other things to do but I never really realized how much we "grab lunch" or "go out to dinner." I was telling one of my friends today that it felt so weird not to be cooking with her like we usually do. It is strange how I associate some people with different foods. Rachael - Mexican, Allie - spices and lebanese, Sam - sushi, and the list goes on and on. During this month there is no food for me and many sorries from them as they eat some of my favorite meals in front of me. I want them to know that its ok, that they don't have to be sorry, and that this is the path I have chosen. I know that someday I will be able to eat those foods with them but in a very different way.

I have noticed other things that replace the urge I feel to start eating even when I am not hungry. For example going on walks and playing with my animals. I have also been able to go out with some of my friends in ways that don't include food like getting our nails done. I have said it before and I will say it again, with out these people in my life I would not make it through this. No matter how many tacos you eat in front of me, I vow to only hit you every other meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment