Thursday, May 29, 2014

Poop Log

Poop has always been a big part of my life as I was diagnosed with irritable bowel syndrome about 6 or 7 years ago. Surgery was a big change for me in this aspect. I went from going poo at least once a day to every few days. It was really hard to get used to at first and, as I have mentioned in previous blogs, often ended in me taking awful medications to force myself to do so. I learned my new "regular" pooping patterns about a month and a half after surgery as would say it is about every other day. Today as I was getting in to bed I realized that I could not remember the last time I pooped! Such a strange phenomenon for me even still. I can't tell you how many times I have given hysterical bowel movement books to family members and friends and even still I get pictures almost weekly from friends of bumper stickers and mugs saying things like "i pooped today!" or "Sorry officer I am speeding because I really have to poop!" Who knew that one day I would actually need to use a book like this. I can't really keep a blog in my phone since people are constantly looking through it. "Why is this date in your phone followed by the words looks like deer poop?" Quite awkward I can imagine. So perhaps I will buy one of these fun books for myself. I am getting excited already :)


No comments:

Post a Comment