Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Eating at Restaurants

Hey guys, sorry I have been gone for a while I didn't have internet.
Over the past week I visited my grandparents in D.C. This is one of my favorite cities filled with some of my favorite restaurants. Should out to Busboys and Poets! Any way, my grandparents rarely ever make their own food and are either grabbing something from Whole Foods, or going out to eat. This meant that I spent the majority of my dinners (and 2 lunches) eating at restaurants. At this point in my recovery I have moved on the mushy foods so I figured this wouldn't be too bad. I stuck mainly to ordering sides or appetizers and then just taking everything else home.

My grandparents had known about the surgery but the people I was with and waiters didn't which lead to some awkward moments:

Me: Can I just have the tuna salad please
Waitress: You mean the sandwich?
Me: No just the tunafish
Waitress: The sandwich
Me: No I would literally just love a spoonful of tunafish salad
- The restaurant charged me $7 for this in which my grandmother told them they could either give me more or only charge me $3

Me: Can I just get a cup of soup please?
Waiter: Thats it? You must not be very hungry!
(I could only eat 3 bites)
Waiter: Oh no you didn't like it?
Me: No it was amazing I would like to take the rest home
Waiter: You don't have to lie sweetie if you don't like it thats fine
Me: No seriously, its great, please pack it up for me


No comments:

Post a Comment